INVITED PANEL PRESENTATIONS
Data:Getting our hands on what we need - collection, sharing, harmonisation. Movement to Move, Adelaide, Australia, November 2018.
Technology within the Education Setting. Movement to Move, Adelaide, Australia, November 2018.
Global Matrix 2.0: Insights from Report Card Grades on the Physical activity of children and youth from low, middle, and high-income countries. ISBNPA Conference, Victoria, British Columbia, June 2017.
Closing the Gap: Indigenous Health Innovations Forum. Conference Board of Canada. Regina, Saskatchewan, May 2016.
Health Inequities: The role played by social determinants of health. Medical Education Series: Community and Workplace Centered Learning Experiences. Regina, Saskatchewan, September 2015.
Health Science Pub, Regina, Saskatchewan, May 2018
Smart cities, healthy kids. Early Years Conference. Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, May 2015.
PEER-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS (*indicates supervised student contributions)
1. Bhawra J, Chopra P*, Ghattu KV, Ranjani H, Anjana M, Kumaran K, Katapally TR. India Report Crad on Physical Activity for Children and Youth. Movement to Move, Adelaide, Australia, November 2018.
2. Katapally TR; Bhawra J; Leatherdale S; Leah Ferguson et al. The SMART Platform: A digital citizen science approach for active living surveillance, knowledge translation, and policy interventions across the life course. Movement to Move, Adelaide, Australia, November 2018.
3. Katapally TR; Bhawra J; Leatherdale S; Leah Ferguson et al. The SMART Study: A mobile-health and citizen science methodological platform for active living surveillance, integrated knowledge translation, and policy interventions. Active Living Conference, Banff, Cananda, February 2018.
4. Katapally TR. The SMART Study: Creating active urban communities through crowd sourcing and community engagement for surveillance and context mapping by leveraging wearable tools. 14th International Conference on Urban Health, Coimbra, Portugal, September 2017.
5. Kehoe SH, Bhawra J, Goenka S, Mani S, Krishnaveni GV, Lamakang AS, Raj M, McNutt K, Katapally TR. How much do we know about physical activity among children and youth in India? ISBNPA Conference, Victoria, British Columbia, June 2017.
6. Bhawra J, Katapally TR, Rainham D. The use of GPS technology to understand the relationship between environmental contexts and active living: A systematic review. NSF Mobility Workshop, Columbus, Ohio, May 2017.
7. Katapally TR, Goenka S, Bhawra J, Mani S, Ghattu KV, Kehoe SH, Lamkang AS, Raj M, McNutt K. Results from the India 2016 Report Card on Physical Activity for Children and Youth. The International Congress on Physical Activity and Public Health, Bangkok, Thailand, November 2016.
8. Katapally TR, Beck C, Marchildon GP, Episkenew J, Abonyi S, Pahwa P, Fenton M, Dosman J. Provision pf sleep apnea care in Saskatchewan: Policy complexities related to registered Indian status. Indigenous Health Conference, Toronto, Canada, November 2014.
9. Katapally TR, Opikokew C, Episkenew J, Karunanayake C, Abonyi S, Dosman J, Pahwa P. The complexity of the obesity pandemic: Can Indigenous approaches help? The International Network of Indigenous Health Knowledge and Development, Winnipeg, Manitoba, October 2014.
10. Katapally TR, Episkenew J, Karunanayake C, Abonyi S, Dosman J, Pahwa P. Working towards a community-based participatory intervention in First Nations: Generating evidence to break the chain of association between lack of physical activity, overweight or obese weight status and risk of obstructive sleep apnea. 7th International Symposium: Safety & Health in Agriculture & Rural Populations: Global Perspective, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, October 2014.
11. Katapally TR, Episkenew J, Marchildon G, Karunanayake C, Abonyi S, Dosman J, Pahwa P. Integrated knowledge translation to de-adopt ineffective policies and practices. 7th International Symposium: Safety & Health in Agricultural & Rural Populations: Global Perspectives, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, October 2014.
1. Katapally TR. Development of India report cards on physical activity for children and youth. Conference: Canadian Obesity Summit, 2019, Ottawa, Canada, April 2019.
2. Ma T*, Katapally TR. Generating evidence for upstream policy interventions to address chronic disease morbidity among on-reserve First Nations Children in Canada. Conference: Canadian Obesity Network Student Meeting, London, Canada, June 2018.
3. Ma Tracy*, Katapally TR. Ecological momentary assessments to map barriers and facilitators of active living. Conference: Canadian Obesity Network Student Meeting, London, Canada, June 2018.
4. Chopra P*, Katapally TR. Development of India report cards on physical activity for children and youth: An integral component of cross-country evalution of policies, environments and active living indicators. Conference: Canadian Obesity Network Student Meeting, London, Cananda, June 2018.
5. Katapally, TR, Laxer R*, Qian W*, Leatherdale S. Do school physical activity policies and programs have a role in decreasing multiple screen time behaviours among youth? Conference: Canadian Association of Health Services and Policy Research, Montreal, Canada, May 2018.
6. Lotoski L, Muhajarine N, Fuller D, Katapally TR, Stanley K, Rainham D. A 4-season longitudinal study examining the association between seasonality and sedentary behaviour in 9-15 year old Canadian children. Walk 21 Calgary, Alberta, September 2017.
7. Katapally TR, Belanger M, Sabiston C, Barnett T, Maximova K, O'Loughlin J. Sustained participation in running, sports, fitness and dance activities throughout adolescence and body composition in early aduthood. 5th Canadian Obesity Summit, Banff, Alberta, April 2017.
8. Katapally TR, Laxer R, Qian W, Leatherdale S. Equity in active living among youth: Understanding the influence of school policies and programs on screen time. Annual CAHSPR Conference, Toronto, Ontario, May 2016.
9. Katapally TR. Social policy in active living promotion: Are we widening the gap? 5th Annual Canadian CAPPA Conference, Quebec City, Quebec, May 2016.
10. Kehoe SH, Bhawra J, Goenka S, Mani S, Ghattue KV, Sankhil AL, Raj M, McNutt K, Katapally TR. How much do we know about physical activity among children and youth in India? Sneha India Conference, Pune, India, February 2017.